After the crash...

My story... My crash... I will use this plane crash analogy a good bit...


I never wanted to be in this situation. No one every says as a child, " I want to grow up, get married, have kids, and get divorced. Yay!" A series of events, some unfortunate, mostly initiated by me led to the crash. Most disasters have a common result; tragedy. Yet, most have tiny little reasons for why they happened.


The pilot had one too many the night before. The mechanic didn't tighten the screws enough. The baggage guys overstuffed the plane. A passenger put a lithium battery in their baggage. The security did not scan the bags properly. Etc. Yet, we are here. Crashed.


My marriage was having problems. In retrospect, not insurmountable ones but like every couple. We had martial stressors brought on by new jobs, school, new kids, new living circumstances, freshly married, whatever. Like Rumsfeld said, "...there are the unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know." I told a family member of my ex-wife, "how am I supposed to know what to do?!" I had never been in this situation. I never had problems in my marriage until I was actually married. I never had to deal with kids and work until I had both of them and had to handle such.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lies and truth

Religion and spirituality